overnight oats January 02 2017 2 Comments
Breakfast is known as the most important meal of the day, but too often lack of time leaves us scrambling for a quick, less-than-nutritious bite in the morning. Here is an easy, healthy breakfast that can be made a night in advance - Overnight Oats!
What You Need:
- 1 cup of Oats (regular or gluten-free Oatmeal if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons of Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds or Hemp Seeds
- 3 tablespoons of Nuts – good options are Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans
- 1 small Banana, sliced
- 1 cup of Berries – good optiosn are Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries
- 2 cups of Milk – Dairy or Dairy-Free, like Almond, Soy, Coconut
- 3 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- A drop or two of Agave Nectar or Pure Maple Syrup to taste
What You'll Do:
- In a medium bowl, put your Oats, Seeds, Nuts, Banana and Berries.
- In a smaller, separate bowl, put your Milk and Vanilla. Mix together.
- Pour your Milk and Vanilla mixture over your Oats, Seeds and Fruit.
- Put your Oats overnight in the refrigerator.
- Before breakfast, add in a drop of Syrup or Agave Nectar, should you choose.
- If it feels too thick, add in a little extra Milk and stir it up.