Healthy Pancakes August 30 2015
One of my favorite weeknight meals, both growing up and as a grown-up, is “Breakfast for Dinner”. Luckily, my ‘in-house chef’, Chris, has a delicious, dairy-free pancake recipe that I flip for every meal of the day!
What You'll Need:
- ¾ cup Milk (you can use dairy-free versions, such as soy, almond, cashew or coconut, or regular milk)
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons white Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Butter (you can use a vegan option or regular)
- Cooking Spray
- Dash of Cinnamon, Nutmeg or Vanilla Extract (optional)
What You'll Do:
- Combine the Milk and White Vinegar in a medium bowl and let sit while you mix your dry ingredients
- Melt your Butter – either in a pan on the stove or in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave
- In a larger bowl, combine your dry ingredients – Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt and (optional) Cinnamon or Nutmeg.
- In your medium bowl with the Milk and White Vinegar, add in your Egg, melted Butter and (optional) Vanilla Extract.
- Pour your “wet” ingredient bowl into your “dry” ingredient bowl and mix until no longer lumpy.
- Coat a large stovetop skillet or griddle with Cooking Spray and turn on to medium heat.
- Pour in your batter and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip and cook until the other side is browned.