No Mayo Tangy Tasty Potato Salad July 28 2015
Potato Salad is a staple at summer parties, but the usual mayonnaise-base does not sit well in the summer sun. Here is a No-Mayo, Tangy and Tasty Potato Salad that is best served warm - heart-healthy and nutrient-packed!
What You'll Need:
- 2 lbs Red Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
What You'll Do:
- I do not peel the Red Potatoes because the skin holds a great amount of nutrients and fiber (plus I’m lazy!), but you can if you choose. Peel or not, wash the potatoes well and cut them into quarters, keeping the pieces a similar size so they cook evenly.
- Boil a large pot of water, add the potatoes and cook until they are tender and are easily pierced with a fork (about 15 to 20 minutes).
- Drain and rinse the potatoes in a colander; after they cool slightly, put into a larger bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Olive Oil, White Wine Vinegar, Basil, Whole Grain Mustard, Salt and Pepper. Pour out the potatoes and mix well.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.