Healthy Recipes - Sweet Peas and Bacon January 14 2015
In celebration of Cupid, here's a treat that's sweet and highlights one of my great loves - bacon! Our Sweet Pea and Bacon recipe was handed down by one of my favorite people - Grandma Fran - who would have turned 70-years-young this month. She cooked everything with love.
WHAT YOU NEED:
* Peas - 6 cups, fresh or frozen
* Bacon - 8 slices, uncooked
* Onion - 1 medium, chopped
* Olive Oil - 2 tablespoon
* Salt and Pepper - to taste
* Love - never enough
WHAT TO DO:
* In a large skillet, put in your 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil and put burner on medium.
* Chop up your 8 slices of Bacon into 1/4 inch pieces and add to skillet. Add in your Onion as well.
* Cook about 15 minutes - until the bacon is nice and crisp and the onion is soft.
* Stir in your 6 cups of Peas (fresh or frozen), Salt and Pepper.
* Stir and cook for about 5 minutes - until the peas are cooked through.